The bedroom should be a retreat where you can rest your body and mind
(ignore if you have an over active toddler with verbal diarrhea).
Creating a soft, luxe, romantic look is one of those classics that is pleasing to the eye and never goes out of style.
Here are a few pointers on how to achieve it –
· Use soft pinks and grey hues to give it a softness that’s not overly feminine.
· Balance out the feminine with rustic and more masculine-like wood textures
· Art is so important – Prints of your favorite impressionists (Monet always being my first choice); or even a gallery of empty white frames on the wall
· Fresh flowers add an element of life and romance to the home.
· Add weathered / matt silver and gold touches in several places. Aged patina also works great.
· Add mirrored detailing
· Buy bed linen that looks like it belongs in a hotel. It doesn’t have to be expensive; it just has to look and feel luxurious. A fluffy / thick comforter will look the part.
· Think touches of lace, silk flowers (like peonies), perfume bottles and candles
· Splurge on Lighting – lighting has a profound impact on the psychological effect of the interior. Low wattage bulbs and dimmers are a must have to create an intimate ambiance.
· Ensure your curtains are taller and longer so there is some fabric puddling on the floor.
· Feature furniture with curves and soft shapes: Curves represent sensuality and softness.
· A bed canopy will instantly transform your space.