Written for www.bebeautiful.in
With the sweltering summer just around the corner, I’m excited to take on the season of sunshine and blue skies. To make the soaring temperature more bearable, I’m sharing a few favorite tricks that I use to stay cool in summer.
• My favorite summer snack is fruit popsicles, which is preservative free and can be whipped up in minutes. Mix chopped segments of sweet and sour fruits like kiwis, strawberries and blueberries along with fruit juice. Fill the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours
• Give your cocktails a refreshing kick with ginger beer lemonade, which is a twist on the classic, but still perfect for a hot day! Swirl together the juice of one lemon, ½ tablespoon of sugar syrup and ginger beer in a tall glass. Add ice cubes and garnish with fresh lemon slices before serving them
• Maxi dresses in weightless fabrics and pastel shades make me summer ready!
• Shun heavy fabrics like velvets and brocades in your home and switch to linens and cottons instead. Curtains in these materials allow natural sunlight come through without heating the room. Also swap your bed sheets for white cotton ones to allow your skin to breathe as you get your beauty sleep
• Add more natural light to your room with a few simple tricks. For one, you can place an ornate mirror in the midst of your room. Simply cracking open a window will not only cross ventilate your room but add light as well
• Long hair smothering the back of your neck is enough to raise your body temperature by a degree or two! Now’s the time to perfect that messy top knot!
• Keep your moisturizer in your fridge. Slathering on cool product will feel amazing!