Laying on the bed with your laptop can only lead to unwarranted naps, so here's how to make work from home a little easier during your quarantine.
Your environment should be:
-Free of distractions
-Keep yourself well hydrated
- Good lighting
-An open window if you have one next to you for oxygen to the brain
2) What should you keep in mind while selecting a spot for your WFH desk?
- Don’t select a space where there’s too much footfall
-Try and select a spot in your home where people won’t disturb you too much but you will still get an electric point for your chargers etc.
-I can’t stress enough about a good chair with correct back support. This is will crucial to whether you will be able to work for a longer span of time or not
-Try and select a space that you won’t need to clear up every day and that can be a constant for the next 3 weeks.
3) Any hack/ ideas for people to bring an office home...
if you’re turning something like your bedroom vanity or dresser into a work station like I did, I like to have a mood board for creative people or small post-it notes with your tasks for the week. They add a pop of colour and they also make your new “work” station look it’s part.
4) For people who don’t have a desk at home, and choose spaces like a dining table, are there ways to accessorise it?
-A small reed diffuser with a calming scent like lavender always does the trick for me
- a desk plant for added oxygen and because they are so pretty
- a good desk lamp if you don’t have sufficient overhead lighting.
Before - My vanity:
After - My WFH Desk: