Who isn’t a sucker for chocolate? I tried the recipe below with some dried cranberries and I LOVED LOVED it! Guest blogged by the lovely Puja from Joie De Vivre
– check out her page if you haven’t already!
This recipe is very very simple â€“ almost fool proof! All you have to do is :
- melt butter
- add fruit and nut mix
- stir to combine
- spread of parchment paper
- let it cool to set completely before snapping into chunks
And thats it! I used a 3 cup chocolate : 1 cup nuts ratio, but you can alter this based on your preference or availability. You can also make this a more kid friendly snack by swapping the semi sweet / dark chocolate for milk chocolate or even white chocolate! Iâ€™m so in love with the simplicity and guaranteed results of this Fruit & Nut Chocolate Slab (without the extra calories!) â€“ It is also the most effective way to use up any extra chocolate and any array of nuts/ dry fruit my mixing it all together â€“ because chocolate is a universal binder
- 2-3 cups chocolate chips/chunks of choice (semi sweet / milk / white)
- 3/4 â€“ 1 1/2 cups fruit and nut mix (raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, walnuts, etc)
- Parchment paper lined tray that can fit in your refrigerator
- Melt down your chocolate until glossy and silky smooth. You can do this either using a microwave (short bursts of 30-40 seconds each time) or over a double boiler.
- Stir the chocolate to ensure there are no lumps. Mix in your fruit and nut mix. Empty onto the parchment lined tray and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours before breaking into slabs.