Going bohemian with your decor is a good idea if you're one of those who dislikes fancy rules, or anything orderly and perfect. Here's a list of how you can add a little eclectic touch to your space without making it look chaotic! I like to call it 'bohemian-chic' because it still retains a little sophistication.
- Mix and match patterns
- Celebrate color
- Lots and lots (and lots) ofpillows
- Kantha quilts keep thesophistication but yet look organic enough
- Lose the matching furniture set
- Macramand rope accents should sneak in somewhere
- Nothing should be over-coordinated or match too precisely.
- A canopy bed is just what the boho-chic bedroom ordered
- Antiques and rustic finds look great with this vibe, anything too new and straight lined won't make the cut.
- Mix textures! For example – linen cushions, embroidered bedding and then maybe a fur flokati rug on the floor.
- Richly patterned wallpaper should make its appearance somewhere!
- Add plants, a lot of them. If you have a green thumb, you can add flowering plants too
- Wood is your best friend; a cherry finish makes your bohemian space look authentic!
- Pile up coffee table books, it gives the un-orderly vibe but still looks chic
- Think free-spirited when you are decorating!
Leave a comment