Written for www.bebeautiful.in
Being an entrepreneur and a mother, my job does not have timings. It begins when the sun streams into my window and ends when I cannot keep my eyes open any longer. With a tight schedule between running my store and giving in to the demands of my toddler, I manage to apply makeup and style my hair without much of a fuss. If you, like me, are always looking for make-up tips on the go, here are a few of my secrets…
- I believe in the power of oil, which is why I’ve created my own blend for my hair. I mix basil oil, a few drops of peppermint oil and a carrier oil like coconut oil. The basil oil will leave your hair supple and fragrant, the peppermint oil encourages new growth while the carrier oil blends them together.
- While I keep my make-up minimal on a daily basis, a pert pink lip can change your beauty game. A natural pink lipstick is a great investment in order for you to look effortlessly chic on a day out.
- On a bad hair day, twist your hair to the side and secure it with a bobby pin. This side ponytail will save face when you’re in a hurry and have you looking presentable on the go.
- To exfoliate your face naturally, use a paste of ground coffee and sugar which will leave you with smooth skin.
- When greasy hair is bringing you down, dusting baby powder on your roots doubles up as dry shampoo with a delicate fragrance.
- As a final rinse in the shower, using rock salt over your body will leave your skin feeling velvety soft!
- Get rid of dark circles by massaging almond oil around the eye area with the gentle pressure of your ring fingers.
- For those stubborn acne marks that never seem to fade, apply a mixture of honey and lemon juice, which is a never-fail solution.
- For a quick detox, a green smoothie always does the trick. My favorite blend of cucumber, mint, spinach and kiwi is both, refreshing and energizing!
- An effective way to wake up in the morning is with a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and chia seeds mixed into water, which will flush out the toxins built overnight.